Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Favorite Medieval Movie
European Medieval or any Medieval?

If any:

- A Knight's Tale (a silly film and not to be taken too seriously, but a great film to enjoy and Heath Ledger is awesome as always)
- Blade of the Immortal (Japanese Film, based off an anime; the plot is not historically realistic, but they get the clothing, settings and weapons down perfectly; Takuya Kimura is awesome as well)
- Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (not a big Wuxia fan {and I still find the way they, "run in the air," hilarious}, but a phenomenal film, definitely worth the hype. Yun-Fat Chow is great here, as are Michelle Yeoh and Ziyi Zhang)
- Monty Python and the Holy Grail (as we talked about in the Comedy thread, a great film and a great laugh. Again, historically not accurate, but they get everything right! Love the setting of the film)
- The Black Cauldron (blamed for Disney almost going bankrupt in the 80s, it is not a bad film in the slightest and it too, gets the setting downpat and its eeriness/mature{ish} subject matter is great to watch)
- The Admiral: Roaring Currents (so damn awesome, a Korean film that retells the battle of Myeongyang {sp?}, between Admiral Yi Sun-Shin and the Japanese Navy, which is so legendary it is almost unbelievable. Sik-Min Choi shows off his chops in this film, my wife even liked it)
- Seven Samurai (almost anything Kurosawa from feudal Japan could go here, but his best is still THE best. IMO, this is the greatest film ever crafted)
- Silence (also Feudal Japan; this film moved me like few before ever have, a powerful and wonderful masterstroke of filmmaking. Scorsese should get boosted for this film, not his run-of-the-mill DeNiro flicks from the 70s/80s or the Departed)

(08-26-2020, 04:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The Name of the Rose.

Of course, anything by Umberto Eco will be great Wink
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Your Favorite Medieval Movie - bfine32 - 08-23-2020, 12:48 PM
Your Favorite Medieval Movie - Storer50 - 08-31-2020, 05:10 PM
RE: Your Favorite Medieval Movie - Synric - 08-31-2020, 05:28 PM
RE: Your Favorite Medieval Movie - Truck_1_0_1_ - 09-02-2020, 04:04 PM