Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
53 Man Roster due Saturday the 5th at 4 p.m.
(09-03-2020, 06:27 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: Regardless, some additions I could see happening:

Decent nose tackles aren't that hard to find on cutdown day, so I bet we claim one.

Back of the CB room, once Waynes officially goes to IR: could be a waiver claim. Could also be a veteran such as Prince Amukamara, who I think overlapped with Anarumo in NY (could be wrong) and was just let go by the Raiders. But teams hold on to good young CBs, so unlike NT there's no guarantee we find anybody there better than McTyer or Rose.

OL: Since Johnson, Adeniji and Price all have positional versatility, we might go into week 1 with just 8 OL. We might see if we can stash Redmond on the PS, but remember how much Frank Pollack liked him? Maybe he ends up with the Jets. But a guy to keep an eye on is Jamon Brown, recently released by the Falcons and overlapped with ZT in Los Angeles. From Louisville too. Maybe we work him out at the beginning of week 2, as at least last I knew veteran contracts weren't guaranteed if signed after week 1.

I believe any vet on the 53 man roster the first game gets a guaranteed salary. I bring it up as Bengals have more contract flexibility after week #1.

After week 1, team can claim them, give them contracts or keep existing, but they could also sign them and cut them in 2 or 3 weeks with no long term salary cap hit.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 53 Man Roster due Saturday the 5th at 4 p.m. - Luvnit2 - 09-03-2020, 07:43 PM