Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My expectations for the season going in
(09-14-2020, 10:29 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: What are your guys' thoughts? Were you happy about the developments that occurred yesterday like I was? Or are you already getting ready to draft Trevor Lawrence with the number 1 overall pick next year because we're so bad, nothing has changed and we're doomed?

Well, I'd wager about 16 fanbases are already thinking of how to use that 1st overall pick they "totally gonna end up with because they so awful this year" oddly, the Jaguars aren't one of those teams at the moment.  I've got to say, if we did actually get the 1st overall pick and Burrow learned on the job and we could trade it for a boatload of picks and then dangle Burrow and a buttload of picks in front of a slew of prospective coaching staffs I'd feel this franchise could finally take a leap into awesomeness.

But win loss doesn't matter this year, really.  Burrow showed some fire, made some mistakes to learn from, and put the team in a position to do something.  I'll call it a decent enough day, but lordy in some aspects he's put behind the eight ball here.

(09-14-2020, 10:33 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I enjoy the GameDay thread but you must realize that there are more than a few Chicken Littles in there plus hyperbole is the norm. Once you understand that, you can have some fun by cracking jokes (despite how SOME feel about them), joining in, fighting the hyperbole/season is over after the 1st QTR of the 1st game Chicken Littles, and/or messing with those of us who are behind because we're watching on a stream.

You can have fun, but you gotta make it fun.

Watching on a stream that is about 30+ seconds behind is always a hoot.  The Bengals are lining up for an easy FG to send it into OT and I see a bunch of BUNGLES!!!! and AAAAAAARRRRRGHHHHHH!!! posts.  Classic.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: My expectations for the season going in - Nately120 - 09-14-2020, 10:35 AM