Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My expectations for the season going in
(09-14-2020, 10:43 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I think a lot of people came in with the expectation that Burrow was gonna tear it up. Even leading up to the game last week I spotted him something like 2TDs and 300 yards, which in retrospect was silly. 

It was the Burrow hype. I fell for it too. Didn't think he would get 300yds, but I thought he would do better. But I'm really not disappointed in him as a rookie in his first game. He's going to get it.

(09-14-2020, 12:56 PM)Wyche Wrote: I figure 6-8 wins this year is a nice step in the right direction in year one of this total rebuild. I think a lot of fans hadn't gotten comfortable with that notion. They thought changing QBs was all it was going to take. The d has improved, Burrow showed glimpses, AJ has some rust to shake off but looked good. There's still work to be done, but anyone coming into this season expecting a playoff run were kidding themselves or unrealistically just blaming the prior QB for everything.

Good points. Again, I think it was the Burrow hype. AD led us to the playoffs his rookie year and, well, Burrow is better than Andy. I'm still hoping he puts it together quickly and eliminates the mistakes.

(09-14-2020, 01:25 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It amazes me we give Taylor a free pass to win in 2020. The guy is now 2-15 and making ML look like a HOF coach which we know he is not.

I really like Zac. Yet, he has to put himself up there with what he expects from others. He has no problem taking responsibility, but will he relieve himself of the play calling duties if that doesn't improve soon? He really didn't make too many bad play calls yesterday, but he wasn't perfect. Is his play calling a distraction and why he burned through the timeouts yesterday?

(09-14-2020, 01:50 PM)Destro Wrote: Just beat the Steelers. That's all I want anymore. Is that too much to ask?

I would love to beat the steelers twice a year. However, if that's all we did and we let the rest of the league crap on us like a hooker on OBJ's chest? That would stink!

(09-14-2020, 07:13 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I don't think anyone should give Taylor a free pass. He's been given the best FA haul the team has ever signed and he was allowed to pick his own staff. The first time any HC has had that in the Mike Brown era. Marvin was still having to deal with Alexander after 17 years.

The team needs to at least 7 wins if it is to be improved over the 2018 team that Marvin somehow got wins out of.

If Taylor fails to at least achieve that, then I really don't see him ever returning the Bengals to the playoffs. Might as well send him packing at the end of this season.

Don't pull the trigger so fast. I don't think anyone is giving Zac a free pass. As someone else stated in another thread (sorry, can't remember who), He came to the team late last year because of SB. This year, he made some spectacular changes in FA and we have a rookie QB. Add that to no preseason games to work with, etc. I'll give him leniency, but I won't turn my head. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: My expectations for the season going in - HarleyDog - 09-14-2020, 07:35 PM