Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My expectations for the season going in
(09-14-2020, 07:35 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: It was the Burrow hype. I fell for it too. Didn't think he would get 300yds, but I thought he would do better. But I'm really not disappointed in him as a rookie in his first game. He's going to get it.

Good points. Again, I think it was the Burrow hype. AD led us to the playoffs his rookie year and, well, Burrow is better than Andy. I'm still hoping he puts it together quickly and eliminates the mistakes.

I really like Zac. Yet, he has to put himself up there with what he expects from others. He has no problem taking responsibility, but will he relieve himself of the play calling duties if that doesn't improve soon? He really didn't make too many bad play calls yesterday, but he wasn't perfect. Is his play calling a distraction and why he burned through the timeouts yesterday?

I would love to beat the steelers twice a year. However, if that's all we did and we let the rest of the league crap on us like a hooker on OBJ's chest? That would stink!

Don't pull the trigger so fast. I don't think anyone is giving Zac a free pass. As someone else stated in another thread (sorry, can't remember who), He came to the team late last year because of SB. This year, he made some spectacular changes in FA and we have a rookie QB. Add that to no preseason games to work with, etc. I'll give him leniency, but I won't turn my head. 

I'm not throwing him under the bus, but he needs to produce "this" year. Mike Brown gave him the free agents.

There are a lot of excuses. Too many. That's always a bad sign in my book.

Everyone is in the same boat this year, no pre-season, no OTAs, no or few fans, on and on. Bengals are no different. Taylor was here all off-season this year and he should be ahead of any 1st year coach out there and on par with any 2nd year coach.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: My expectations for the season going in - BengalChris - 09-14-2020, 09:01 PM