Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My expectations for the season going in
(09-14-2020, 07:51 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I expected last year to be a fluke, but I am more legitimately nervous about this coaching staff after yesterday.

They ran 4 and 5 wide sets with no help for Burrow while knowing clearly ahead of time that the only way the Chargers could win was with their pass rush. Why not go heavy and run the ball. It just seemed blasphemous to leave him open like that when they did.

Get Uzo and Sample out there and let Burrow find the open guy from Green Boyd and whoever you put as the 3rd WR.

Because they wanted to negate the pass rush. Last thing they wanted was Burrow to have to sit back there and let plays have to develop especially with an absolutely terrible route runner in Ross and AJ just being worked back in the lineup.

Only issue I had all day long was the 3rd and 1 in the 3rd quarter where they took the deep shot to AJ where he was OOB. I would have pounded Mixon twice there if need be for the 1st down to establish the OL more and give them confidence.

Ross flails miserably on a TD, Burrow misses AJ on a simple TD pass, they get screwed on a very iffy PI call on AJ and Bullock misses a chippy. Any one of 3-4 plays snatched defeat from the hands of victory.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: My expectations for the season going in - higgy100 - 09-15-2020, 08:53 AM