Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lou Anarumo VS 2021 VS a replacement DC
(09-20-2020, 08:03 PM)McC Wrote: So do we but that doesn't seem to matter, nor does not having Geno in the middle of our DLine.  Funny how fine the line between explanation and excuse is.

One team was 10-6 and an overtime away from making the conference championship.  (Vikings)

One team was 2-14 and had the worst record in the entire league. (Bengals)

One team lost their very best receiver. (Vikings)

One team gained back their very best receiver (Bengals)

One team lost 8 defensive players that played significant minutes, with the majority being starters (Vikings)

One team spent almost 150 million dollars in free agency. (Bengals)

I think you can see where the difference lies.  And as I explained earlier in the thread, when discussing Zimmer's defensive prowess, I think track record goes a long way in setting expectations and future performance.

While Mike Zimmer may get the benefit of the doubt, Zac Taylor does not.  At least not yet.

The Vikings defense was expected to be worse.  As was the team.  They had a ton of losses due to their cap situation.  The Bengals defense was expected to be better.  As was their team.  They added a ton of talent, and frankly have nowhere to go but up.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lou Anarumo VS 2021 VS a replacement DC - Wes Mantooth - 09-20-2020, 08:22 PM