Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Reason Why the Bengals Might Not be Patient (Stadium Deal)
(10-21-2020, 01:49 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: What does Mike Brown and his family take very seriously, maybe more than anything else?  Money.  And there's a lot of money on the line.

So when you consider all of the above, with simple pride and 30 years of proven failure, I think you may see this team operate differently from the norm.  And I actually believe this played a big hand in what we saw in free agency.  Now is not the time to be stubborn.

This team desperately needs fan support.  They need the city's support.  The last thing they want is a half empty stadium to continue to be a reality going into all of this.  And unfortuanately for them, the excitment that is Joe Burrow's first year, which would drive ticket sales, is lost to Covid.

I hope I didn't bore anyone to death with this.  I think it's a very valid angle to consider.

This post isn't boring at all.  It's a great post, well researched, very timely, and highly relevant to the Bengals' poor performance since 2016.  Putting butts in seats solves many issues and no one wants to pay good money to watch a horrible team.  I still don't understand how fans of the Cleveland Browns have been so loyal since the 1960s but that's a different thread; we're talking Cincinnati here.

The OP is right; the old model clearly isn't working.  It hasn't worked for thirty years.  I think Mikey Boy wants to win but he doesn't know how to win.  The P-51 Mustang was once the greatest fighter plane in the air but I wouldn't go to war in one now.  Similarly, pocket passers are deadly weapons with good pass protection but sitting ducks without it.  I'm sick of the Front Office excuse about a new quarterback needing time to "cut his teeth," for example or not addressing the horrible offensive line.

Something may change and it is highly likely the Bengals will go into the bye week 1-6-1 which will give Zac Taylor a head coaching record of 3-20-1.  He's not the solution.  He's not going to be the solution.  The Front Office needs to cut bait and try again now, not at the end of the season.  Even interim coaches and coordinators who won't be retained after the season would be better than this.  I truly hope the Front Office cleans house with respect to the coaches and coordinators during the bye week, becomes super aggressive before the 3 November trade deadline, and just gives SW Ohio a reason to believe they care. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reason Why the Bengals Might Not be Patient (Stadium Deal) - Fan_in_Kettering - 10-21-2020, 02:15 PM