Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Reason Why the Bengals Might Not be Patient (Stadium Deal)
(10-21-2020, 02:17 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Columbus or Stlouis make the most sense based on division. Face the fact they are moving in 2026 regardless.

Columbus makes absolutely zero sense.  In fact, I'd give anyone 100-1 to odds that Bengals moved to Europe before they moved to Columbus. 

St. Louis can definitely support an NFL team, but you have to remember there was a reason they left.  The city could not afford to finance a new stadium, and/or they simply chose not to.

That all played at only 5 years ago.  What has changed in that city, where they'd now be willing to finance a billion dollar stadium?  I can remember reading articles when the Rams left that many consider it ultimately to be a win for the city.  The money just isn't there.

The only way a team ends up St. Louis, IMHO, is if new ownership privately finances it.  Or at least the majority of it.  If the Bengals went there that would mean the Browns selling the franchise, and someone else building it there.

I wouldn't be so quick to assume they're moving regardless.  The fact of the matter is the Brown family has enjoyed one of, if not the greatest stadium deals in history.  They worked over the county (and it's tax payers) pretty good.  I have to assume they will consider this going into future negotiations.

There's many things I accuse Mike and his family of, I'm one of the harshest  critics.  But I don't think they're evil people.  Holding the county hostage, only to pick up and move would be almost be an evil act. 

After everything this town has given them, and with what little they've given back, to pack up and move, only for a shiny new stadium, that is not something that I think is in their character.

Mike values loyalty, and Mike is set in his ways.  This town has been more than loyal, and Cincinnati is his famiy's home.  I wouldn't be so quick to discount these two simple realites.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reason Why the Bengals Might Not be Patient (Stadium Deal) - Wes Mantooth - 10-21-2020, 02:34 PM