Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Reason Why the Bengals Might Not be Patient (Stadium Deal)
(10-21-2020, 04:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't see how that makes any difference at all.  Marvin was under contract and they fired him after winning 6 games.

They know that if Taylor just wins 4 games this year PBS will be empty next season.

They also know it will be hard to sign free agents to work under a coach with 7 wins in two seasons and zero respect form his players.  You think he has problems with vets speaking out now.  Just wait until he ends this season with a 7-24-1 record.

They didn't fire Marvin. Both Mike and Marvin said that they decided it was better to go their own ways during their meeting. If Marvin had decided he was willing to stay for the final year of his deal, do you think Mike would've said no? I don't. Mike retained Marvin after that playoff debacle against the Steelers and allowed him to stick around for 3 straight losing seasons. He was in no hurry to get rid of Marvin. 

The vets who are speaking out aren't Taylor's guys. They are remnants of the previous regime. Not only that, but Mike doesn't like players speaking out. That will make him side with and defend the coach even more. You always have to account for the 'Mike factor' with these things, because it's always there.

BTW, I hope it doesn't sound like I'm defending Zac. I'm not sold on him at all. I just think the front office has invested so much in him and bought so much into his plan, that they will stick it out at least into next season.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reason Why the Bengals Might Not be Patient (Stadium Deal) - Bengalholic - 10-21-2020, 05:02 PM