Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Taylor should get no credit for Burrow
(10-27-2020, 08:27 AM)Au165 Wrote: This is absolutely stupid to say. Zac Taylor could be the greatest QB coach ever but because he is the head coach anything he does/did with Joe is discarded. Those two things don't have to be mutually exclusive, he can be both a horrible head coach but also did a great job to get Joe ready. There is so much that goes into preparation beyond just play-calling, especially with a rookie QB, and they had to figure out how to do it with no offseason. I'll go the opposite direction, Zac Taylor should be getting far more credit for actually getting him up and running. It doesn't matter how "pro-ready," you think he was he wasn't a pro and they got him up and running from damn near day 1 which was impressive.

I think if this experiment with Zac doesn't work out, which it is trending that way, he will get a chance as an offensive coordinator on a team with a young QB because I think he has a chance to do that well contrary to how some around here feel.

He's helped develop both Goff and Burrow.  I personally feel that the play calling criticism is overblown.  Frankly, given the lack of talent on the OL and the lack of a true #1 WR, they are putting up too many points to just crap on the play calling.  Truth is, the offense has played well enough to win 5 out of 7 games.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Taylor should get no credit for Burrow - Whatever - 10-27-2020, 12:26 PM