Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sometimes I wish our front office was this aggressive...
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30469684/source-new-york-jets-fire-defensive-coordinator-gregg-williams-controversial-blitz-call

Basically, the Jets lost on a last second touchdown pass vs the Raiders because their D Coordinator called an all out blitz instead of just, you know, trying to stop a touchdown. It wasn't even a goal line thing, it was a 46 yard touchdown, so it was very obviously a bad call.

The players criticized the play call after the game and this morning, the Jets fired Williams, presumably with that play call being the deciding factor.

Don't you wish the Bengals front office would be this decisive with Zac Taylor or Lou Anarumo or Jim Turner?

Like, imagine if after Burrow's injury, they just fired Jim Turner for being stupid enough to have Michael Jordan starting on that offensive line.

That would be so refreshing.

Now, don't mistake me. I don't wish our organization was run like the New York Jets, who are a horribly run franchise (granted, we are too), but every once in a while a blind squirrel finds a nut and firing coaches who are just blatantly and obviously ill equipped for the job they hold is an amenity even the worst teams have that we don't really get to experience as much as I wish we could.

Just some Monday Morning Musings for you :) .
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Sometimes I wish our front office was this aggressive... - CJD - 12-07-2020, 01:29 PM