Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What do we do if Sewell is gone at 3?
(12-21-2020, 01:18 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Mine as well

There's so much that can and (usually) will happen between now and the end of April. There very well could be 5 or even 6 1st round QB's selected and the will change everything. Look at all the aging QB's who's time is quickly coming to an end, Brady, Brees, Newton, Ryan, Stafford, Rivers, Pig Ben. I'd venture to say 1 or more of those teams may be shuffling for position.

The Bengals have to address their lines, period. To be able to get back in the hunt we have to fix the trenches. We probably need at least two quality starters on both lines. And we need to enhance the backups. 

Our interior Oline is among the worst in the league, we have to fix it. I'm leaning harder and harder every day towards trading back and taking the biggest haul we can get.

If there’s a legit guard that we know will be available at pick 9 or so, maybe a trade down is a good option as you say. I get nervous picking in that range as we’ve botched so many picks in the past. We’re in a great position to add an elite defensive playmaker/edge rusher that could be the missing piece on defense. You need to take advantage of that position when you’re in it. I’d rather sign a free agent guard, but wouldn’t be against this strategy if we actually hit on the picks.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What do we do if Sewell is gone at 3? - Bengalstripes9 - 12-21-2020, 03:30 PM