Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Probably at least one coaching change coming
(12-27-2020, 09:47 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: I know neither of these guys and I suspect you don’t either, so there is no way you know what type of a human being either is.  Alexander is a blow hard who judges lineman on how they poor ketchup and in his spare time tries to emulate Billy Joel.  Likewise, Turner is old school and a former Marine.  He is an intense guy something snowflakes translate into being a bad human.  Both coaches are not good, except we had 20+ years witnessing Alexander’s ineptitude.  We had the right line coach but the boy wonder ZT didn’t retain him or the guy didn’t want to work for ZT.  Either way, we need to find the next line coach like we had in the 1980’s.  I can’t remember his name

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How soon hardcore fans forget that Alexander built at least two lines that were at the very least top 5 in the NFL.  Yeah, he whiffed with Fisher and Ogbuehi and killed the offense for 5 years, but that doesn't detract from the point that he's better than Turner.  How many top 5 lines has Turner coached in the league?  He sucked in Miami and his line sucks here, too.  His best credential is coaching a bunch of overrated players that became busts in the NFL when he was at A&M.

Fact:  Jim Turner isn't a fraction of the coach or evaluator of talent that Alexander was.  
For further effect, I give you exhibit A:

Jones/Steinbach/Braham/Williams/Anderson

and exhibit B:

Whitworth/Boling/Bodine/Zeitler/Smith. Yeah, that's 20 years of ineptitude. I'll take that kind of ineptitude all day over some ******* like Turner that basically just berates, plays favorites and cusses dudes out.

When has Turner had anything remotely approaching that level of success in either case?  But yeah, ketchup bottles and stuff.  Turner is a garbage coach that absolutely nobody not named Zac Taylor would want to coach their OL.  He's a buddy hire.  This case is made entirely without mentioning the fact that he got run out of the league for being an overall dumbass in handling his players.  F Jim Turner. He can go pretend to be R. Lee Ermey for some high school team somewhere.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Probably at least one coaching change coming - samhain - 12-27-2020, 02:05 PM