Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Besides DK Metcalf or Mecole Hardman, who would you have drafted besides Drew Sample?
(12-28-2020, 03:52 PM)willieFANderson Wrote: It was not an apparent need that we needed a WR and I doubt Hardman would have had the same success he has had on the Bengals. And for this discussion - trading down or up is not allowed. Sometimes drafts force peoples hands - I think peoples opinions about Sample would be different if Pratt and Sample pick positions were switched. And with that in mind, I am very pleased with Zac Taylor’s drafting so far.

First of all, I'm not exactly sure why you credit Taylor with the drafting. Sure he has input, but he doesn't make the call.

Second, the Bengals passed on trading up in that 2nd round to take a RT. They bulked at the 4th round pick asking price, picks they used on Renell Wren and Michael Jordan. A quality RT would have been the best move they could have made. Their decision was partially due to Taylor and his boys liking Hart, something that will forever be linked to their failure. 

Third, the Bengals traded down and didn't have to. If they had not, they could have landed WR AJ Brown, TE Irv Smith if they had to take a TE (6 more TDs than Sample) or C Elgton Jenkins who is playing G for GB and would have been an upgrade to anyone we have in the middle.

Fourth, even with trading down they could have drafted WR DK Metcalf, DT Dre'Mont Jones (who would be our starting 3T DT and Geno's replacement) or WR Terry McLaurin (who is everything John Ross is not).

However, I'm not sure if the Sample problem is really a Sample problem. Taylor is completely inept when it comes to knowing what to do with a TE, which is a shame.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Besides DK Metcalf or Mecole Hardman, who would you have drafted besides Drew Sample? - BengalChris - 12-29-2020, 02:29 AM