Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Besides DK Metcalf or Mecole Hardman, who would you have drafted besides Drew Sample?
(12-29-2020, 01:25 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Great thread! Interesting question. TE was a bigger need at the time than WR. It makes sense they picked him.

Miles Sanders is great and all, but how many RBs can we carry?

The obvious answer would be one of the WRs: Diontae Johnson or Metcalf.

Looking at that draft there weren't a lot of studs drafted between our Sample pick, and Pratt in the 3rd round.
I suppose one of the above-mentioned wideouts. But then you're left with nobody at tight end.

(12-29-2020, 01:49 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's funny we wasnt a need..yet the next year we had the same personnel at wr and drafted one in the 2nd Round.

I didn't say WR wasn't a need. I said RB wasn't a need. I said WR was a lesser need than TE at the time because the draft was before AJ got injured again in training camp. In the end it's probably better we have the tight end, as I don't know who would have played TE this year if not Sample. He's getting better. He's no rockstar. But he'll prove to be a solid TE. He can catch, block, do everything we need him to. Uzo is more of the receiving threat. It wouldn't hurt to get another TE, but we're not in terrible shape with Uzo and Sample IMO. 

We're not in terrible shape at WR either. I like Tee a lot. He's still improving. I'd probably take him over Diontae Johnson. Not sure about Metcalf yet. He was a beast this year. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Besides DK Metcalf or Mecole Hardman, who would you have drafted besides Drew Sample? - Bengalstripes9 - 12-29-2020, 03:03 AM