Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Recent history says keeping Zac is a mistake
(12-30-2020, 05:55 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: Flores is a hell of a coach, and I don't even wanna argue that one.  Ha!  

But I would say I thought Zac built a hell of a competitive team in the offseason.  His plan even made sense, which was to build a defense that would stop the run and stop missing tackles, and then he built an offense (including thru the draft) that would be able to attack.  

Even with the injuries aside, for me ZT passed the eye test in terms of being a fan on the couch watching the Bengals this year.  Prior to Burrow going down, I was actually not ready to turn it off at halftime, I was not slumped in my couch seat just reading my phone with it on in the background, I was watching the Bengals play competitive football!  

And no, I am not defending ZT for an 8-8 season or anything like that.  I think he will take us to the promised land.  Sure, it's faith and it certainly ain't based on his W/L stats, but I just like what I've seen and do believe we're in for some brighter days ahead.  

If next year is a dud, you'll see me at the front gates of the castle with a pitchfork, first in line :) 

I do like Flores as a coach but he has been lucky this year with injuries. He has 3 guys on IR. Davon Godchaux (NT) makes 650K a year, Vince Biegel (OLB) has a 1 year contract making 2,133,000 and Preston Williams (WR) making 588,000 a year. Coaching is a lot easier when you are coaching the same guys every week. None of the Miami Dolphins injuries were to guys in their top 40 salary commitments to. Zak Taylor and his staff have 10 players out for the year. 6 out of their top 10 salary commitments have not played most of the year. Some weeks I was not sure who they would even have to fill in for all of the injured players. Very tough year for all of the NFL especially teams who have lost a lot players to injuries. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Recent history says keeping Zac is a mistake - SuperBowlBound! - 12-30-2020, 10:27 PM