Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Recent history says keeping Zac is a mistake
(12-31-2020, 06:34 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I wasn't defending Zac... read the entire reply. It wasn't that long.

To say coaches don't improve is either stupidity or ignorance is my point.

These guys by your logic suck as coaches and should never have been allowed to coach again

Jack Pardee - brutal first year as a head coach with the Bears. Then got a second job where he went .500 in 3 years with Washington. Finally he went to Houston and went to the playoffs four straight times. 

Bill Walsh - First year 2-14. Second year 6-10. Third year, Super Bowl... but coaches don't get better.....

Bill Belichick was 36–44 with the Browns and fired before going to New England and becoming the hoodie.

Pete Carroll looked bad with the Jets, now in Seattle he has a Super Bowl.

Lou Holtz went 3-10 with the Jets... pretty sure he isn't a bad coach.

There was another coach named Saban, went 6-10 with Miami.... I think he is actually a good coach now though....

I'm not saying Zac is the answer or is magically going to turn into Walsh and take this team to the playoffs but you have to be a trolling if you say coaches can't improve over time, like every other profession on the planet.

Coaches can improve. It's no guarantee. I dont see anyone here capable of mentoring Zac. He seems pretty set in his ways absent the front office threatening to fire him.

There was a post earlier where someone alluded to a year 3 leap with coaches, which is ridiculous.

If you give a coach enough years and resources, the team should start to win. 8-8 isnt that hard.

Dave Shula never got better.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Recent history says keeping Zac is a mistake - THE PISTONS - 12-31-2020, 07:48 PM