Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Early Jan Mock
(01-07-2021, 02:56 AM)J24 Wrote: As for the draft I like it but I'm not in love with it. I also don't think that's what Tobin or Taylor would like it.

1.) Pitts- Great player but Taylor doesn't tend to use TEs. I could actually see Duke doing it though because he likes TEs, drafted both Gresham & Eifert in the first but if they draft a skill position I think they would go with Wr.

2.) Asante-  I'm not sure he is the CB prototype they are looking for. I think they would rather draft a longer more press man type CB.

3.) I don't think they go LB but intrigued by the pass rushing prowess by Suratt. Didn't know he had that ability in his arsenal.

If we get Mustafa in the 7th Rd I would be ecstatic.
Yea I mentioned in the mock that Taylor doesn't really prioritize TEs in the passing game, but I would. It wouldn't surprise me to see WR taken in Rd 1 and TE taken in Rd 5 instead of vice versa like I have. But I did what I felt was better.

Are you sure they want to draft a press man type CB? That's not the coverage style they have been doing. It's been more off-man and zone, has it not? Regardless, I get the appeal for a bigger CB, but I just love the way Samuel Jr plays. If not him, I could see someone like Stokes, Campbell, or Kendrick. 

Regarding LB, they have two LBs hitting FA in Bynes and Evans. Personally, I don't think either should be retained. And I haven't been impressed enough with Pratt, Wilson, and ADG to just give them the starting LB spots. I can understand if Anarumo did, but I wouldn't do it. Surratt, to me, seems like a blossoming LB who has a good chance to emerge as a Top 10-15 LB. And yes, the pass rush is part of why I wanted him. He adds that extra element.

Mustafa Johnson is a favorite of mine. I put in Rd 7 only because I see him listed that low in prospect rankings. If the Bengals took him in Rd 5-6, I would be perfectly fine with that.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Early Jan Mock - ochocincos - 01-06-2021, 07:12 PM
RE: Early Jan Mock - SunsetBengal - 01-06-2021, 10:56 PM
Early Jan Mock - ochocincos - 01-06-2021, 11:54 PM
RE: Early Jan Mock - J24 - 01-07-2021, 02:23 AM
RE: Early Jan Mock - J24 - 01-07-2021, 02:56 AM