Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SHRacerX Mock 8.0 2021: The Bully Draft (w/FA)
Every year, I end up with one draft that is a lot of "bullies". Immediately I am sure the Freds of the world will point out one guy on here that is not a bully, probably the kicker.

The point is, I tried to focus on physical, tough players to help give this team an identity. With Pollack back as offensive line coach, all I can say coach is....you're welcome.

The FA signees and cuts:

Sign Joe Thuney, 4 years, $45 million- Stud
Sign Alex Karros © 3 years, $9 million- Played next to Thuney for years at NE, strong, young center.
Sign Carl Lawson: 4 years, $60 million- Just started to show what he can do. With more talent around him...
Sign WJIII: 4 years, $40 million- Inconsistency is his middle name, but with better pass rush, could be elite.
Sign Mackenzie Alexander: 3 years, $16 million- Tough, smart, and great value
Sign DT Roy Robertson-Harris: 3 years, $12 million- Injured most of 2020, but a solid rotational piece in the middle
Sign DT Margus Hunt- 2 years, $2 million- Nice rotational piece

Cuts: Geno Atkins, Bobby Hart

The draft goes as follows (FANSPEAK):

R1 P5 OT Penei Sewell - Oregon: Our LT of the future.

R2 P6 OT Spencer Brown - Northern Iowa: Our RT of the future. Yep, I am moving Jonah to LG. This guy hasn't received a lot of attention but may be a bigger athletic freak than Penei Sewell: 6' 9", 325 lbs. Benches 500 lbs and squats 600 lbs. Has insane length. Looks like a HUGE TE, but is a complete bully with a nasty disposition. I love him. Moving Jonah to LG makes the line better. Period.

R3 P5 WR Terrace Marshall Jr. - LSU: Nice vertical weapon for Joe, but not his only strength. Lines up all over and can run any pattern. 6'3" and 200lbs with really good speed.

R4 P6 EDGE Tyree Johnson - Texas A&M: Some thought he might come out in 2022, but coming off the season Texas A&M had, could be a later round steal.

R5 P5 WR Nico Collins - Michigan: Horribly undervalued due to poor QB play and generally poor passing attack. Big, Strong, and great hands. Can get vertical. An injury in the WR corps? Won't kill them like before.

R6 P6 TE Quintin Morris - Bowling Green: If he played for a bigger program, or at least one that wasn't one of the worst in the league, he could be a day 2 pick. He was their ONLY offense, and had a shitty QB on top of it. Still couldn't be stopped. He will be a steal and will push to start immediately. Could allow Uzomah to be a cap cut.

R7 P5 S James Wiggins - Cincinnati: Have no idea why he was still here, but he is a beast.

R7 P7 K Grayson Atkins - North Carolina: Have no idea why I got a 2nd 7th round pick, but just assume we will be signing one if not drafting in R7.

The offensive line would go:

Sewell- J. WIlliams- Karras- Thuney- Brown

Young, strong, tough, and with a bit of an attitude. Weapons galore on top of that for Joe. People will cry about the lack of DT, LB, or CB selections, but these players represented tremendous value where I got them. The offense is set, and the defense will have Reader,Waynes. Wren, and Tupou coming back with the addition of Robertson-Harris from the Bears.

This would also set them up to be drafting an edge rusher next year (not a very deep class this year) as well as CB.

Thoughts?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
SHRacerX Mock 8.0 2021: The Bully Draft (w/FA) - SHRacerX - 01-13-2021, 11:03 AM