Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SHRacerX Mock 8.0 2021: The Bully Draft (w/FA)
(01-13-2021, 03:59 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Has that $175 million dollar been announced?  I have heard up to 190?

And for the love of God, THIS IS A SIM.  Projected rounds don't matter.  It goes by Draftek's current player board matched with team needs.  One round?  Do you really think that we know what round everyone will be drafted in ONE DAY before the draft let alone three months?  Maybe we can just make a stick above all the mock drafts where people can post about how guys will never be there in that round.  This, despite other teams having the ability to take them and they went elsewhere.  It isn't like they didn't make a selection?  

I really enjoy mock drafts and I don't mind (in fact, I encourage it) criticism about a player (Hey, I don't like that guy because...) but arguing the rounds and discounting the players is just annoying.

Sorry, I think I have done 8 mock drafts and might have 30 comments about how players won't be available and 0 comments about certain players.

Maybe I should just give people more to ***** about like a mock where there is no sim and I just take the first 7 rated players as my first seven picks.  That should keep everyone busy for a while.  

The $175 mill hasn't been announced, but neither has $190. So it's safest to try to structure cap around the number you know, which is the floor at this moment.

As for the rounds, I specified why I was criticizing. Sims are typically less realistic than making one without and going by approximate prospect rankings. But as I also pointed out, different sites have players ranked differently. I actually haven't bothered with Fanspeak ever since I did one last month where Kyle Pitts ended up in Rd 2. 

Take it or leave it, but my typical approach to mocks:
- I compare prospect rankings across a few different (free) sites to get a general idea of where they are generally projected. That's typically TDN, Walter Football, PFF, Pro Football Network. I'll reference CBS Sports occasionally too, but I find Trapasso doesn't keep his stuff updated like Brugler and Rang used to.
- Once I know where the Bengals pick (tankathon.com has the pick numbers for every round), I try to find a guy I like around that prospect ranking or later. So if the Bengals are picking 38th, I'm typically picking someone in the 35-65 range.

I realize not everyone goes about it that way, and I also realize there's no one prospect rankings site that's 100% accurate.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: SHRacerX Mock 8.0 2021: The Bully Draft (w/FA) - ochocincos - 01-13-2021, 04:25 PM