Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Very Bengals-esque Offseason
(01-21-2021, 11:34 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I totally get your concerns about Samuel. If the dude was 1-2 inches taller, he'd be a no-brainer 1st rounder IMO.
I personally think he can handle outside CB duties in the NFL, but I can see teams labeling him as "just" a slot CB.
What I don't like about a lot of the taller CBs in this class in Rd 2 or later is that none seem to be as good in coverage as Samuel nor as fast.

I'm not a huge fan of Trae Waynes's coverage ability, but I think the team can "get by" with him and Darius Phillips on the outside and then have Samuel in the slot if the Bengals don't want to try Samuel outside. Obviously, if WJ3 can be kept, I'd love WJ3 and Waynes outside with Samuel inside.

Don't you think Mackenzie Alexander would be the slot corner, since you have him being re-signed?   Or is that a one-year transition deal to Samuel?  That makes sense if that is what you were thinking.

I don't know what to think of Waynes, but I am sure not comfortable with him coming in having not taken a snap in over a year and a half.  Plus, I think his injury and BS leading up to it is a bit suspect.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Very Bengals-esque Offseason - SHRacerX - 01-22-2021, 09:36 AM