Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cecil Hotel...I found a new group of people to hate
(02-15-2021, 06:45 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: Those stories are so sad.  People who are falsely accused or falsely incarcerated.  I watched Manhunt: Deadly Games on Netflix a couple of months ago and couldn't believe what had happened to Richard Jewell and how still to-date the paper that caused all the issues never would admit they were wrong.  I didn't pay super close attention back when that happened and didn't realize how the story dogged the guy the rest of his life until I watched that show and did a follow up reading. 

I think sometimes internet sleuths can be helpful with furthering research and tracking leads that regular law enforcement just doesn't have the manpower to take on themselves, but it can take on a life of its own far too easily (and dangerously).  

I watched that too. I remember following the story back in the day and the media definitely presented it as "they got their man!". Even after it was proven it was not him, people were still convinced he had something to do with it. I never realized all the additional stuff that went on with the manhunt for the real bomber and the FBI/militia confrontations and ultimate cooperation. I was like "Wow!". Definitely worth peoples' time to watch!
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cecil Hotel...I found a new group of people to hate - Bengalzona - 02-19-2021, 08:17 PM