Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perfect Opportunity for Bengals to Build Indoor Facility
So, for those that don't know, the University of Cincinnati is looking at building a new indoor facility.

See here: https://theathletic.com/2377789/2021/02/10/cincinnati-bearcats-football-practice-facility/

(This is an Athletic article, so if you don't have a subscription you'll just have to take my word for it.)

UC built their own practice bubble a few years back for, I think, around 11 million. Well, now they feel like they need a true indoor facility to attract recruits and continue to build the football program.

Some of you may remember that when UC initially looked into have an indoor facility, before the bubbble, that they approached the Bengals about going in with them to build a shared space, similar to the U of Pitt and the Steelers. The Bengals declined, and as a result UC scrapped the project, went smaller, and that's how they ended up with the cheaper "bubble".

So now we're kinda right back to square one. UC is planning a new facility and is currently in the preliminary stages. They've already spoken of fundraising and there's been talks of zoning and a lot of other boring stuff.

Now is a perfect time for the Bengals to join with the Bearcats to build something that both teams greatly need, and will greatly benefit from. Between the two of them, perhaps along with UC Health having medical facilities on sight, they could partner up to have a fantastic, state of the art, indoor facility.

Also, in a lot of the talks right now it's been said that UC most likely will have to build this off-campus. There isn't much space at UC and there's zoning issues as well. Well, for those of you out of town, know that UC and PBS are only 5 miles apart. You can drive from UC to PBS in under 10 minutes. So if they do go off-campus it makes perfect sense to plop down somewhere between the school and downtown.

Anyways, I just thought this may be interesting to watch. The Bengals are desperately trying to win over fans, and they're long overdue to have an indoor space. UC is desperate for money, as the school can't pay for a 40+ mil facility on their own, and they'll lean on alumni and boosters.

I'm not saying a team-up on the project is likely, but I do think it makes perfect sense. Although I thought the same last time UC looked into this as well, and the Bengals passed. But maybe this time they'll wise up.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Perfect Opportunity for Bengals to Build Indoor Facility - Wes Mantooth - 02-21-2021, 12:42 PM