Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Other O-Line options in round 1
(02-24-2021, 01:23 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: Yeah, it wouldn't be more my first choice strategy as I wouldn't want to be pencilling in two rookies starting on the O-line. A combination of rookie learning curves and not fully knowing what you're getting. But we don't know how free agency will play out. It looks likely that Moton will be tagged and Scherff extended. Maybe some of the potential cap casualties don't get released either as the cap shifts upwards - all of a sudden you could be faced with a situation where you have to pay silly money for the one or two quality remaining O-line options whilst bargains abound at other positions of need.

Or maybe they get Thuney but decide to upgrade the other G position anyway. I think the most likely scenario is they sign a vet who could hold the position down for a year or two but wouldn't preclude them from upgrading in the draft.

I'd love to get a top-tier guy like Moton, Thuney, or Scherff.
However, I still think there will be a handful of other FAs in the next tier that are still better than what the Bengals have, as the Bengals have a lot of low-tier guys starting.
Some guys I'd consider in that next tier: Daryl Williams, Rick Wagner, Larry Warford, Austin Blythe, Matt Feiler among others.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Other O-Line options in round 1 - JWW1971 - 02-22-2021, 01:21 AM
RE: Other O-Line options in round 1 - ochocincos - 02-24-2021, 01:42 PM
Other O-Line options in round 1 - BenZoo2 - 02-24-2021, 05:46 PM
RE: Other O-Line options in round 1 - yang - 02-25-2021, 06:42 PM