Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Florio: 'Bengals care about money, not championships'
Florio gives his thoughts on what he expects from the Bengals this offseason. I've been as critical as anyone when it comes to Mike and the front office, but I disagree with Florio here...at least as far as what I think they'll do this offseason. I expect them to be active and aggressive in free agency again, and to add some quality talent.

"We do see the Bengals spend big from time to time on strangers to the organization, but overall the team has a long-standing reputation of being extremely careful with money and they may be looking for some bargains in free agency," Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio said this week. "Just because they have that cap space, doesn't mean they have to spend it all. Like no other team the Bengals identify success as money in versus money out and they know how to turn a profit and they're very happy when they do. They don't care about championships. They care about making money."

"And again, just because they have cap space doesn't mean they're going to burn it all," Florio continued. "They like to have that cap space, they like to keep that money in their pockets if they can. There's only so much you have to spend under the salary cap. It's a four-year rolling average and every dollar that you don't spend that is earmarked for the cap is raw unadulterated profit and the Bengals understand that like no one else."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Florio: 'Bengals care about money, not championships' - Bengalholic - 02-26-2021, 01:55 PM