Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Florio: 'Bengals care about money, not championships'
(02-26-2021, 07:24 PM)ochocincos Wrote: In any business, you obviously can only spend so much. You can't really spend more than you have.
I don't know how much money the Bengals have to use outside of the roster cap, but I do wonder how much bigger they could grow the scouting department and pay more for coaches.
I'd like to think they do have the ability to pay more, but perhaps they don't have a lot of room and highly depend on the revenue from ticket sales and concessions moreso than some other owners.

I think this line of thinking works better when discussing a league without a salary cap.  The Bengals aren't exactly in the same position as the Pittsburgh Pirates, for example.  With that being said, Mike Brown should theoretically have a nice sum of money put away to hire a lot of people since he's gone without hiring a GM for 30+ years, for example.

That's the issue with the Bengals.  Don't need to hire a GM because I'm the GM.  Hey, should I spend this three million bucks I save every year on more scouts?  Nah.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Florio: 'Bengals care about money, not championships' - Nately120 - 02-26-2021, 07:53 PM