Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Florio: 'Bengals care about money, not championships'
(02-26-2021, 11:06 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Problem is, if you have the smallest scouting group in the league (Pro Scouting Director, College Scouting Director, and 2 Scouts) and you refuse to hire a GM, you're not really spending properly. Just because you throw a 3 year contract at Bobby Hart doesn't mean it was money well spent.

They have 11 people listed as directors/executives/managers for season tickets.
They have 4 people to scout pro and college football players/teams.

You're not wrong, but as a longtime hater of the family, I see recent changes in behavior as not just significant, but seismic.  If they can change their FA approach, then scouting can change, too.  It's baby steps, but perspective-wise it's giant steps.  I'm willing to suspend my hating for their willingness to try a different way.  They know they have to change to get out of the hole they've been digging, and that's obvious over the last two years.  You really can't say that about any point in time since Paul died.  

Bottom line: I've never seen them act like they are acting now, and I'm suspending pessimism.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Florio: 'Bengals care about money, not championships' - samhain - 02-27-2021, 12:11 AM