Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Florio: 'Bengals care about money, not championships'
(02-27-2021, 10:10 AM)samhain Wrote: Did they really, though?  He was a pretty outstanding quarterback for several years and to ignore the fact that the team became relevant during his time here is disingenuous.  He left when they wouldn't let him have a bigger say in personnel decisions.  What happened after that?  They basically did all the things he was asking for and became a solid franchise for 5 seasons.  

I'm not anti-Carson, but did he go on to win Super Bowls after we "Bungled" his career?  How many qbs had better OL or weapons than Carson did in his best years here?  1 or 2 maybe?  

It's pure conjecture to think he'd have had any more success if he were drafted by another team.  Given the trajectory of most first round quarterbacks, he probably fared above average here.  His injuries could have happened anywhere (and did again in Arizona).  The o-lne at the time of the knee injury was one of the best in the NFL.  

In fairness, CP played for 2 historically bad franchises after the Bengals...and made the NFC championship with the Cards despite playing there half as long as he did in Cincy.

CP only made the playoffs twice in 7 seasons, with 0 playoff wins. I would think a QB of Palmer's caliber would do better than that on 80% of the league's teams. It's very similar to Matt Stafford's situation. There just wasn't much success, and I'm inclined to believe most teams could've squeezed more out of a top 10ish QB.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Florio: 'Bengals care about money, not championships' - Shake n Blake - 02-27-2021, 02:05 PM