Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are we not extending our good players?
(03-11-2021, 09:58 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Agree with 100% of this. I know I'm in a very small minority when it comes to passing attempts by Burrow. Did we ask him to pass too much, maybe, but we didn't draft him to hand the ball off, Dalton could have done that. He was in empty backfield sets because, in his own words, that is what he is most comfortable with. And yes, it sucks he got his knee injured, but I would suggest Burrow learned more in the 3/4 of a season he played behind out crappy lines that most QB's do in 3 years behind lines where they are not pressured every play. Improve the line and Burrow is now ready to carve some teams up. 

Love Alexanders play and fire, would have loved to see more Reader, and Waynes getting injured really hurt. Injuries happen to all teams, but c'mon, there were several positions where we were starting 4th through 6th on the depth chart. According to the guys in Sirius, your drop off between 1 and 2 should not be that great, but when you get to three and beyond you are in a hopeless situation. 

Yeah, we were decimated by injuries man. I know this is an excuse but having guys like Bledsoe and Covington starting hurts 
badly in the middle of your Defense. Not to mention not seeing a snap of Waynes and Geno being non-existent. Hubbard got 
injured too but ended up being the best run stopper in the league at his position. We will see how we attack FA while cutting 
dead weight. Lots of ways to go but the trenches need to be shored up on both sides.

Then hope our guys stay healthy going into the season. If we can stay healthy we can truly judge these coaches and if they 
are holding our team back, we move onto another HC where he already has a good team to work with.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why are we not extending our good players? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-11-2021, 03:07 PM