Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals may lose out on Thuney; Thuney is intrigued by the Ravens
Would the source close to the family be named Harbaugh or McCarthy?

Mellow

I don't put a lot of stock in these sorts of things. There's too much market manipulation from agents and other team's reps. I mean, if Thuney wants to sign with the Bengals and the Bengals want to sign Thuney, this first thing his agent is going to do is call a reporter and say "sure, the Bengals would be a great fit, but I heard that other team in their division is interested." It costs the agent 0 and raises his client's asking price. Same way with opposing coaches. Even if they've got no interest in a player being courted by a rival, all they've got to do is "leak" it to the press that they adore the guy and his price goes up, which reduces the dollars their rival has to spend.

I don't know if Thuney has any interest here. I don't know if the Ravens have any interest in him. But the Bengals should look to sign the guy. Or, at this point, any guy. Just sign random guys off the street that are over 250-lbs and can move sleds, and let them compete.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals may lose out on Thuney; Thuney is intrigued by the Ravens - Benton - 03-13-2021, 02:06 AM