Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st time in long time this front office.....
(04-08-2021, 09:41 AM)lone bengal Wrote: Prior to the last two off-seasons the Bengals weren’t huge players in free agency so when they missed big in the draft it hurt them big time. Far as revisiting the playoffs I think we’re still two good drafts away from being contenders.  I’m not sold on this coaching staff, the only young talent on the O-line is Williams who’s played 10 games in 2 years.  We still need a WR 1 and far as defense goes I’m not sure we got a D-line who can get to the QB consistently., Hendricks had 1 good year , the jury is still out on the linebackers and we don’t have a number 1 CB / plus I think Waynes is overrated he had some bad years with the Vikings.

Lone, I have to agree with you.  As i've said, there's many holes on this team.  IMO there's too many holes on this team for it to even be 9-8 this year.  I think 9-8 is the absolutely best this team could do this year and that's if they don't have any injuries and they draft well.  

IMO our holes are on the DL, OL, LB, and WR, and those were created by crappy drafts since 2015 because as you pointed out we havent used Free Agency until Taylor arrived.  Is that because Marvin didnt want to use FA or is it because the FO gave into Taylor and agreed to us FA?  

My other questions are about the coaching staff as well.  They havent shown me they can grow and improve players.  I'm hoping that if this team does finish 4-13 or 5-12 that the coaching staff is shown the door.  My problem is if this team finishes  7-10 does the Front Office give them 1 more year to prove themselves because their a "young coaching staff" and knew they'd have growing pains.   I think if they have a losing season and keep the coaching staff then they're best prepare for very empty stands. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1st time in long time this front office..... - TJ528 - 04-08-2021, 09:51 AM