Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Perhaps Mike Brown isn't so Semi-Retired?
(05-03-2021, 01:29 AM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Mike Brown you can bet is still calling the shots on draft day.  I am willing to bet it was Mike Brown that allowed the media to write up feel good stories about Katie, Troy, Duke and whoever taking over.  When the fans start not coming to the games anymore (I think that's been pretty evident for awhile now), they probably needed to give fans a reason to believe their was changes coming.  I think they had no choice because the fans have been blaming MB for the Bengals failures since 91.  They had to shake things up to take some of the heat off.

While others may have additional duties, you can bet your ass  nobody's getting drafted without MB's stamp of approval.  It's not surprising that MB would reach out to someone who's been loyal to him for 20+ years.  His trust in Paul runs quite deep I'm sure.

MB will remain the top dog with the final say as long as he's above ground, just like his dad did.  Any of you who believe otherwise are just fooling yourselves.  

This is what I truly believe as well. I believe as long as Mike Brown is walking this earth no decisions about this football will be made without his final approval.   The more things "change" they stay the same is what I said before the draft. 

I do think the whole Ring of Honor and new uniforms were a way for the family/organization to pump new sources of funds back into the Brown pocketbook.  Mike Brown never believed in a ROH because his dad didnt believe in a ROH and I'm supposed to believe he's changed that quickly? ha....

Katie, Troy and Elizabeth maybe the "face" of this organization, but Mikeyboy is still in charge. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Perhaps Mike Brown isn't so Semi-Retired? - TJ528 - 05-03-2021, 11:27 AM