Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do You Realize How Long It Has Been?
(05-05-2021, 01:25 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I deducted half a game because he didn't play in the second half of the Washington game, but regardless, I didn't realize we were talking about impact across the NFL. I thought we were talking about being a good rookie. And Burrow was an objectively good rookie QB.  He was on pace for breaking several rookie records before being injured.

But if the bar for a rookie is to be one of the best in the league from the day he plays, then of course no Bengals first round pick is going to exceed that bar because basically no rookie exceeds that bar. 

Because they're rookies.

Can't really do deductions like that because there's other games where guys missed snaps/quarters and they didn't get deductions, it plays unequal havoc with the numbers. Either way, it's either the 24th or 25th ranked scoring offense. Neither is good.

Nah, this thread is about significant impact. Not "one of the best in the league". Nor is it "good for a rookie". Hence why the OP gave Eifert a "no" despite putting up 39/445/2, which is a quality rookie TE season. It's just not a significant impact as a whole. Meanwhile Zeitler got a yes because he was a notably well above average G from Day 1 as a rookie. AJ Green was another, who was a significant impact his rookie year.

Thus, my discussion in this thread is continuing the theme of the thread. 

(Also, on the topic of rookie records, pass attempts aren't a good thing to set records for. Of the top 10 pass attempt seasons of all time, only 3 of those teams made it to the playoffs, and none of them won a single game in the playoffs. I can't find the list of specifically rookie seasons, but I can't imagine it's any better.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do You Realize How Long It Has Been? - TheLeonardLeap - 05-05-2021, 02:15 PM