Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's Complain About Netflix
(06-05-2021, 02:15 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: This is one of the downsides to living in the instant gratification internet era. Back in the day, those 25 episodes would've been spread out and viewed once per week. Now people binge watch a series in a day or two.

Even if Netflix produced more episodes at a faster rate, they could never keep up with people eye guzzling 4-5 episodes per day. Tbh, I miss when TV was an event. When you planned for an episode of your favorite show, or movie night, or a TV special.

None of us would want to give up the comforts we're now used to, but I do feel like life was better before everything became so instantly accessible. Not to make this conversation super deep.

I actually had an interesting conversation with a younger coworker during the final season of Game of Thrones.  He said he was going to wait until the season was over so he could binge all of the episodes at once.  I told him I couldn't imagine waiting to watch when I know there's new episodes already available.  He explained that he can't watch episodes like that (once a week) because he'll forgot some of the plot.  I mean, that's his prerogative  but it left me scratching my head.

Fwiw, I just want Netflix to stick to a traditional release schedule.  Every year, at the same exact time, a new season drops.  I can live with less episodes but I can't live with less episodes and longer breaks between seasons.  If you look at their content output it's well less than 50% of Network.  Probably more like 25-40% the amount of episodes over multiple years.

Taking 2 years to release 8 episodes of Stranger Things is absurd.  Even more so when you consider that it's a show that revolves a round children and I think only a year or so has passed in the story but more than 5 years will have passed in the filming.  They're going to have to make these kids High School seniors for season 4.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let's Complain About Netflix - jason - 05-10-2021, 08:00 PM
RE: Let's Complain About Netflix - jason - 05-10-2021, 08:15 PM
RE: Let's Complain About Netflix - Synric - 05-11-2021, 11:34 AM
RE: Let's Complain About Netflix - bfine32 - 05-13-2021, 11:36 AM
RE: Let's Complain About Netflix - bfine32 - 05-13-2021, 05:41 PM
RE: Let's Complain About Netflix - Synric - 06-05-2021, 04:37 AM
RE: Let's Complain About Netflix - Wes Mantooth - 06-05-2021, 12:33 PM