Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I the Only One Who Misses Salad Bars in Grocery Stores?
This is kind of a weird thread, I know. But I'm just curious if anyone else is waiting for these to open back up. Will they ever open back up?

Just in case somehow anyone isn't aware what I'm talking about, I'm referring to the types of salad bars you'd see in a Kroger. They have about a million different options and you can just make up your own salad. You pay by the overall weight, regardless of the ingredients.

Of course once Covid started away they went, which makes total sense. And I suppose it still makes sense they're not opened just yet. But what's a little strange is that in the two Krogers I go to that section has been removed entirely. The "bar" itself is gone and they've redesigned the floor space. They now have some pre-packaged salads but that's not at all near the same.

Fwiw, I never was much of a salad guy outside if it coming with a meal. But I started trying to eat a lot healthier a few years back and was amazed at how many different options these things now had. You can add cherry tomatos, you add egg whites, you can add raisins, you add peppers, you can add sunflower seeds. You get the idea. It was no longer just lettuce, shredded carrots and some dressing packets.

I'm sure most people know this, but's it near impossible to buy the ingridents you prefer in a salad and just make it yourself. At least not from a planining perspective. Lettuce starts going shitty in a just a couple of days, as do a lot of the ingredients. Plus you'll find yourself saving no money, or losing money by having throw stuff away, and spending way too much time.

I'd really like these to come back. I could get a great lunch and have enough leftover for another meal the next day for around 7 bucks, with little to no effort.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Am I the Only One Who Misses Salad Bars in Grocery Stores? - Wes Mantooth - 06-02-2021, 02:30 PM