Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st Step to improvement is personal responsibility - Jordan Article
(06-11-2021, 02:45 PM)Lucidus Wrote: I wholeheartedly agree. While young Mr. Jordan's overall performance may have left much to be desired, the injury itself was not a direct result of said performance, but an unfortunate [and unpredictable] aspect of the game itself.

Wrong.  The Bengals are WEAK.  I could see from Day One that they were going to get their Top Pick QB killed, that he would not complete the season.  I told this to everybody.  The Bengals always being this weak in blocking is NOT an aspect of the game itself.  It is just an aspect of Bengals.   Palmer and Dalton and now Burrow got hit on every play, more than any NFL team.  No NFL team lets it's QB get hit as much as Bengals over the decades, and THIS more than anything explains no play-off wins in 30 years. 

The weak Right Tackle, and Jordan weak at Left Guard, got Burrow killed.  Jordan was actually dumb enough to block his man backwards into Burrow.  However the weak O Line was letting Burrow get hit on every play, so the injury was coming sooner or later. 

Now I make another prediction.  One I do not like to make.  If the Bengals O Line is weak this year also, Joe Burrow will be the next Greg Cook, his career over before it gets started. That would be a waste of a good player and set the Bengals back years as they flounder in Last Place using second rate back ups.  THIS is why this O Line better get TOUGH, if the coaches have to kick their butts up and down the field to do it.  No more Mister Nice Guy with Bengals O Line who couldn't block my sister Sadie.

Other teams win play-offs and Championships because They Can Block. No team cries for Bengals weak blocking. In fact, on sacking a Bengals QB, a Defensive Lineman sat on the Bengals QB and said, " I don't feel sorry for you, Your team gets paid also ". I agree with that player that clobbered a Bengals QB, not Burrow. The Bengals O Line needs to start earning their pay checks, because they are a disgrace to blocking and football.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1st Step to recovery is personal responsibility - Jordan Article - kevin - 06-11-2021, 03:43 PM