Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st Step to improvement is personal responsibility - Jordan Article
(06-11-2021, 02:44 PM)kevin Wrote: My thought is this all Alcoholics Anonymous Stinking Thinking Recovery catch phrase, and there is nothing wrong with that. 

However, many years the Bengals went for the right Mental Attitude and tried to be more Mental than the other teams.  I would prefer them to have a Good, Hard, Physical Training Camp and come out Hard As Nails.  Instead of Bengals being the Weakest team in NFL, I want to see them The Toughest.  I want to see them Blocking and Tackling people on their butts.  

The Bengals are not going to Think their way out of Last Place.  They are going to have to turn this very weak team into a team of Blocking and Tackling MONSTERS, and that can only come from HARD WORK in Training Camp.  Now the players have been brought in Free Agent or Drafted, and they may just knock Jordan out of a job.  Jordan is not going to talk his way onto the New and Rebuilt Offensive Line. 

Jordan is right on one thing.  Basic Football from Pee Wee to Pros.  PROTECT THE QUARTERBACK.  Many years the Bengals have not done that, and Palmer, Fitzpatrick, Dalton, Burrow got clobbered on every play.  The Bengals quarterbacks get hit more than any other team, and that is a fact. This poor Blocking ties very much into the no play-off wins in 30 years.  This team better BLOCK or Burrow may have as short a career as Greg Cook of only one season.

So nothing against Jordan's talking, but Bengals do nothing but talk.  It's time they hit the old dusty road, take some laps, hit the practice field and turn this weak team into a Tough As Nail Team on Blocking and Tackling.  That will take Hard Work, not just Talk. They have a good young quarterback coming back from a bad injury. An injury I predicted would happen early in season when I saw how bad the blocking was. In fact, there was NO BLOCKING and why Mixon got killed also.  The coaches must kick some butt in Training Camp, and the Focus all Camp must be, PROTECT THE QUARTERBACK, PROTECT THE QUARTERBACK, PROTECT THE QUARTERBACK.  The coaches must kick butt, because they should not ever start the season unless this goal is accomplished. 

Do they still get the sleds out and make Blockers have to push them up THE HILL, as in Paul Brown Days.  If not, they should.  There should be A HILL, and Blocking Sleds to push up THE HILL.  If these Blockers work until they puke in Training Camp, GOOD.   They MUST Protect The Quarterback.

Did you read the article? It appears you did not.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1st Step to recovery is personal responsibility - Jordan Article - Luvnit2 - 06-11-2021, 06:02 PM