Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very Important Year for Jonah Williams
(06-21-2021, 02:40 PM)plantmanky Wrote: I think you have to pick up the 5th year no matter once.  Top draft Olinemen, hurt or not, you just dont let that go into FA on the first contract.  I also think you have to give him development under the new Oline coach, and see what he does (which you will need more than 1 year off to do.)  Now resign to a new contact, lets wait and see, but the 5th year, its a no brainer pick it up.

Were you upset we didn't pick up Price's option?  What about Ogbuehi's?  (Fwiw, I'm not saying these are equal comparisons but I think it puts a hole in you "no matter what" argument.)

I don't think that because a player plays a particular position that they should be guaranteed an option year.  It should be a case by case basis.  Either they're worth the investment or they're not.  And if Williams misses more time I think it would be insane to fully guarantee his last two years of his deal, and to set his market at 11 mil + for 2023.

To each their own, but I think this dude has a lot to prove this year to warrant that type of commitment two years in advance. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Very Important Year for Jonah Williams - Wes Mantooth - 06-21-2021, 03:05 PM