Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Has Seen The Fast & Furious Movies?
(06-28-2021, 01:10 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Yeah.  You kind of get the picture that the new ones are just for action scenes, special effects, and adrenaline rushes.  

They don't seem like they have any real storyline or anything to even follow with or keep you thinking and wondering what's next.

That sums it up. You're not meant to think during these movies. They're just there to be consumed.

Technically spoilers I guess, but the film was like a decade ago so....

Like in one movie one of the main dudes sees his girl in trouble, so he purposely crashes his car to propel himself through the air, catch the girl over the gap between two bridges, and land with her on the windshield of another car on the other side, with the two of them no worse for wear. I burst out laughing in the theater.

End Spoilers 

It's not too unlike the Marvel movies. With a few exceptions, they're really just big CGI super powered fight action sequences strung together by some witty dialogue. In the Fast universe, it's big CGI testosterone fueled race set pieces strung together by some cheesy dialogue about family and one-liners. 

Again, not knocking it. Sometimes you want to not think for a couple hours, as a parent to a two year old, I get it. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who Has Seen The Fast & Furious Movies? - CKwi88 - 06-28-2021, 02:17 PM