Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Castellanos likely to be free agent
(11-06-2021, 03:05 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: If I'm not mistaken, with the CBA being up there is real talk of the DH coming to the National League for good, which would really help the Reds at this point with the Moose and Suarez jam.

Means you have:

C - Stephenson / TBD
1B - Votto
2B - ROY India
SS - Farmer/ Jose Barrero
3B - Mooose
LF - Winker/Naquin
CF - Friedel/Shogo
RF - Senzel/Aquino
DH - Suarez

Not the worst line-up they've run out there. Biggest issue will still be in the bullpen unless they find a way to keep Givens who looked lights out as a closer after the trade from Colorado.

I think India and Stephenson will be legit. 

I love Winker's bat, but the guy needs to stay healthy and I am not sure he can so you can really only expect 100-ish games out of him. 

I really hope Votto keeps up his changes from 2021. Don't ever expect him to be Prime Votto anymore, but 2021 Votto is a perfectly acceptable middle of the lineup contributor. The DH if it comes to the NL will actually help giving Votto days off from fielding, so they can put Stephenson at 1st to give him days off from catching while keeping his bat in the lineup. Then on those days either Suarez or Moose will just be on the bench. 10-20 of those throughout the season will help keep both Votto and Stephenson fresh.

Naquin had a good March and a good September, but was absolutely brutal the other 4 months of the season. I think his ceiling is just a 5th outfielder, and he'll be 31 in 2022.

Farmer I think is best as a utility bench player. He would be excellent as a backup, but is subpar as a starter. That was also probably his peak, as he'll also be 31 in 2022.

Barrero has the tools, but really needs to show more. He's been pretty brutal in the majors so far.

Senzel I have just fully given up on. When he's healthy he's a bad bat, and he's never healthy.

Shogo was a letdown, but he was also pretty much never given a chance.

Aquino can hit some bombs, but I think he's also a PH at best, an even then an iffy one since he's an interstate hitter.

Friedl is intriguing because it seems like he put some things together in 2021 both in the minors and then in the majors. He needs to be looked at further but I don't know if I would count on him yet.

- - - - - - - -

That's a 4th place offense, combined with a terrible bullpen and a worsening starting group... all I can say is thank God the Pirates are there to keep the Reds out of 5th. Sell the team Bob.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Castellanos likely to be free agent - CJD - 08-29-2021, 04:29 PM
RE: Castellanos likely to be free agent - TheLeonardLeap - 11-06-2021, 04:59 PM