Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Castellanos likely to be free agent
(11-09-2021, 04:28 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I really hope with the CBA expiring that the majority of the owners reufse to move off the need for a salary cap in baseball.

It is the only major sport without one, and it is the only way that the constant rebuild mode in Cincinnati will stop.

Completely agree! I’ve been saying this about a salary cap in baseball for what seems like forever! I know big spending doesn’t always end with positive results, but neither does being totally reliant on your farm system if you’re a “small market” team. Our cupboard is pretty bare right now with guys who are ready for their call up. Aside from Greene and Lodolo, I can’t name one single guy in our farm system ready for The Show. This salary purge they’re doing right now may be necessary, but who are they going to replace these players with? I’m so apathetic towards this ownership group, wish they’d sell the team to someone who actually cares. This franchise is steeped in history, maybe not as much as NY or Boston or even LA, and it’s disgusting to me they refuse to do what it takes to field a perennial winner.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Castellanos likely to be free agent - CJD - 08-29-2021, 04:29 PM
Castellanos likely to be free agent - The D.O.Z. - 11-09-2021, 05:43 PM