Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Low market city and bias referee calls
(09-14-2021, 02:06 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: It looked like NFL doesn't want low market cities to win case in point the Vikings 12-116 vs the Bengals 3-15 in penalty called and yards.

In the past, some members would whine about Cincy being a low market city and the calls going against them by the NFL and the referees.

Well, Minnesota is a lower market city compared to Cincinnati and by using the same logic, Minnesota got shafted including the "fumble" in overtime that turned the game.

Of course, I don't believe in this fallacy. But that is what I read from some of you members.

If that was true then NY and LA would be dominating NFL title Championships.

Maybe in the MLB there is bias against low market cities because of NY Yankee dominance.  Cool

But not in the NFL.

If that was true when was the last time the Jets made the SuperBowl.

The Bengals have appeared in more NFL title Championships than the New York Jets.

No, the Bengals won on Sunday because they were the better team.

Bias is not small market vs big market cities.

Bias is freaking Pittsburgh Stealer games where the NFL goes out the way for them.

Where did anyone said the refs were biased against the Vikings and for the Bengals?

People talked about a couple questionable calls like the fumble or Jefferson touchdown but where has someone talked about the rest of what you mentioned? People mentioned we got lucky for once and had some calls go our way but that's very far from saying they were biased for us and out to down the Vikings.

Half of their penalty yards were before the snap and the holds were so blatant my wife was able to call them. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Low market city and bias referee calls - TheFan - 09-14-2021, 11:41 AM