Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has Jackson Carman did enough to keep the starting position??
(10-08-2021, 01:53 PM)jason Wrote: Unless he melts down, I see no reason to move away from Carman. Let him develop under fire.

Best way to know and we don't have a backup at this time anyways as Pally noted with XSF being on IR.

I think he just gets better especially in the run game as I think that is his strength when he is on it.

Moving to Guard hides his pass protecting problems against speed rushers.

(10-08-2021, 02:50 PM)Benton Wrote: Carman needs to play. We need a starter. If he isn't that guy, we need to know before the seasons over.

As far as the line looking better, it should have. We played harder defenses when xsf was in. How Carman does against tougher pressure needs to be seen.

True.

(10-08-2021, 03:22 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Penalties - 2
Sacks - 0
Pressures - 1

The PFF grade is a bit misleading though unless you pay for higher subscription to see the breakdowns.
He's actually primarily dinged on his run blocking, not his pass blocking.
His pass blocking is fair, at 53.6.
I've never gotten them to respond when asked, so I'm not sure why he's been dinged below 60 (decent starter level) in pass blocking.

Makes PFF look a bit silly here, nothing new. Expect Carman to grow and be a top run blocking and pass blocking Guard.

Tough move that takes time, but he is a natural fit as most of us were saying before we even drafted him.

Most of us knew he was going to convert to Guard once he grows pro and knew it would take some time.

Think he has played just as good as I thought he would of at this point if not better.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Has Jackson Carman did enough to keep the starting position?? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 10-08-2021, 08:42 PM