Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Zac Taylor's Play Calling In OT Was Unforgivable
(12-15-2021, 07:37 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I don't want to read to much into a quote as I don't know if it was said right after the game or if he worded it correctly. But he says he " should have given Joe 2nd and 3rd down to get a Touchdown" which is correct that is a possibility but we were on the 26 we could of picked up a couple of 1st downs. Maybe that's nothing but it could speak to his mindset that you either score a TD or get the field goal. I would be curious to see that 3rd and 3 play and see what routes we ran. Because that line of thinking actually makes those last few plays make sense. If Taylor was thinking run twice get even closer for the field goal then take 1 shot at the endzone and if you don't get it kick the field goal. Not saying thats good logic if thats what he was thinking or that I agree with it because I don't but curious if thats what that quote is showing of his mindset.

I thinking he's reflecting on what plays he ran-- the Mixon runs-- and the alternative of letting Burrow takes shots at throwing a game winning TD. He's not directly, which is apparently very important to posters here to have acknowledged, saying, "I made a mistake." He's giving enough perspective about the passing option and saying how his own hindsight of not letting Burrow throw was going to cost him sleep. This is the admittance of the mistake. No dude is going to say, "No, I didn't make a mistake" and then say, "but not throwing it is going to cost me sleep." That's illogical thinking. One doesn't have to be overly brilliant to catch on to what Zac was saying. He explained his decision and offered why it was wrong. I appreciate Zac discussing it and sharing his feelings about it rather than stubbornly insisting he was completely right.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zac Taylor's Play Calling In OT Was Unforgivable - TecmoBengals - 12-15-2021, 11:02 PM