Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Zac Taylor's Play Calling In OT Was Unforgivable
(12-13-2021, 06:11 PM)Wyche Wrote: He does, but he's had some misses too, even XPs. He's a rookie though, so I'm not concerned at all, yet. Just pointing out that special teams were pretty bad Sunday.

Special teams were really bad and certainly cost the Bengals big time. 

Yet still the game went to OT with a chance for the Bengals to win despite the fumbles, missed 46 yd fg, Bates drop, and taunting call that all were not helpful at all. 

But thought this thread was more about the play calls when the game was all knotted up at the end ? 

Would think how bad the special teams had played this day as you've that maybe Zac may want to take ST's out of the equation and go for the gusto actually. 

Will add that the Bengals only scored 2 TD's on the 49ers in this game and threw the ball 11 out of 13 plays on those 4th quarter drives that found pay dirt . 

Love McPhearson but some on here would say that Evan has almost the exact same % stats as Fat Randy, which I find laughable but one does have a 84% and the other a 83.2% success rate. 

Now I am actually still on the fence with Zac and think that adding a play caller may be all that is necessary and willing to give him another year to find out myself. But still did not like those play calls, maybe one because the defense baited them into it but not back to back when the other team has shut down the run all day long. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zac Taylor's Play Calling In OT Was Unforgivable - Go Cards - 12-16-2021, 12:19 AM