Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Zac Taylor's Play Calling In OT Was Unforgivable
(12-15-2021, 11:02 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I thinking he's reflecting on what plays he ran-- the Mixon runs-- and the alternative of letting Burrow takes shots at throwing a game winning TD. He's not directly, which is apparently very important to posters here to have acknowledged, saying, "I made a mistake." He's giving enough perspective about the passing option and saying how his own hindsight of not letting Burrow throw was going to cost him sleep. This is the admittance of the mistake. No dude is going to say, "No, I didn't make a mistake" and then say, "but not throwing it is going to cost me sleep." That's illogical thinking. One doesn't have to be overly brilliant to catch on to what Zac was saying. He explained his decision and offered why it was wrong. I appreciate Zac discussing it and sharing his feelings about it rather than stubbornly insisting he was completely right.

Zac would have also lost sleep if he had allowed Burrow to throw and it led to an interception.

So, no, he was not admitting that he made a mistake.  He was just admitting that it was a tough decision.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zac Taylor's Play Calling In OT Was Unforgivable - fredtoast - 12-16-2021, 10:04 AM