Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time Travel/Loop or Alternate Reality Movies
(01-07-2022, 09:10 AM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: That list of movies must be all indies or something, but possibly they're on Vuduu or someplace.

"Yesterdays" was a really good alternative reality movie. Many of the popular/mainstream movies about time travel/alternate history/time loop end up being gagworthy. "The Time Traveler's Wife" comes to mind. I read Stephen King's 11/22/63 thinking it would be about our world had JFK survived, but there was only one extremely brief chapter about a dystopic USA after presidencies by JFK and RFK.

I'm sure most of them are indie/low budget.  However there are some "names" in them.  Time Freak has Sophie Turner (GoT) and Asa Butterfield (Enders Game).  Predestination has Ethan Hawke and is actually really good.  Most of these movies can be found on Netflix, Amazon Prime, or Hulu.  

I get what you mean about The Time Travelers Wife which is why you have to ignore the science behind the gimmick on some to just enjoy the story.  

The worst one i've ever seen was The Butterfly Effect 2 (They made 3!).  It's probably the worst movie I've ever seen.  The 3rd one was less bad but man the 2nd was awful. 

I've never seen Yesterday and it looks interesting.  I'll check it out this weekend, thanks!
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Time Travel/Loop or Alternate Reality Movies - basballguy - 01-07-2022, 01:02 PM