Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Raiders’ Confidence on Saturday
I think it's disingenuous to call the Raiders "The hottest team in football." Is it technically true if you consider "being hot" just winning streak? I suppose. But I think that's only part of the definition of "hot."

When I think of a team that is hot or on fire, I imagine a team that is scorching their opponents. Dominating victories. Defying steep odds in mistake free fashion etc.

And that isn't the Raiders. They've tripped and stumbled their way through these last 4 games. The first of those 4 games was against the Browns and, remember, they had like 25 guys out with COVID. They played the Browns practice squad and BARELY won. Had to kick a field goal as time expired to score 16 points on a practice squad.

Carr threw 5 TDs and 4 INTS in that 4 game win streak.
In 2 of those 4 games, Jacobs had under 4.0 yards per carry.
Hunter Renfrow hasn't gone over 100 yards in any of these 4 games. In two of the games, he only had 3 receptions and was a complete non-factor against LAC (5 catches for 13 yards).

Their defense has only had 6 sacks in those 4 games (while their Oline gave up 9 sacks) and just 1 interception and only recovered 1 fumble (Both against the Chargers). They also lost 3 fumbles in these 4 games, so they were -5 in the takeaway differential in these 4 games.

Now, don't get me wrong. I respect the Raiders for making it this far and winning those 4 games despite making as many mistakes as they did was impressive. Any given Sunday (or Saturday) definitely applies here. But I don't get this narrative that this team is "the hottest team in the NFL."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Raiders’ Confidence on Saturday - CJD - 01-13-2022, 11:01 AM