Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Burrow doesn't move well in the pocket
(01-23-2022, 10:56 AM)higgy100 Wrote: Where is he suppose to throw the ball without getting a penalty for IG which takes them out of FG position anyways.  He had no where to go on 7 of those sacks. People need to learn rules.

Please don't think I meant he should have been able to avoid all 9.  Sacks 5, 7 and a lesser degree 8 and 9 he had a shot, but sacks 5 and 7 I believe were the ones I called out.  

Burrow has elite instincts and knows what the defense is capable of.  He knows the speed of the game and what he has to surrender in that situation.  Again, he shouldn't be put in that position, but he can keep 3 pts for money McPherson if he rolls to either side and throws it away after the rush was closing in.

We can have both a poor pass protection to blame and a genius QB that knows better on a few if them, those aren't exclusive. It could be the one or two throw aways that help win the next one, no matter if he shouldn't have to worry about getting sacked 9 times. You have to admire his unreal resilience, but I'm sure he and the staff talked about those two plays in film already. Even with pathetic blocking the staff needs to work on quicker reads, slide protection or rolling him out on those specific 3rd and don't get sacked plays or you give up 3pts.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burrow doesn't move well in the pocket - phil413 - 01-26-2022, 12:59 AM